Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Progress

This morning (afternoon) I woke up to a message, demanding new work for my blog. The images I selected for this week’s entry aren’t new and from the progress of my style and technique, are rather dated in my eyes. But to spite the age, these images are important to me and touch down on something I haven’t done in a long time in my work, focus on a memory rather than concept. It has been almost an entire year since the last time I have done documentary photography rather than conceptual photography that evolves around documentary. The progress has been, well, progressive, I have been conceptualizing three new series and further developing The Great Escape, which will be “expanding” into fall and winter, exploring different people in different spaces. In fact, I’m looking for new subjects, does anyone know twins ranging from 8 to 13 years of age?
With another year of school, I sit on the wake of a new wave of style and technique that make my current work a reflection the same way these images above (and below) feel to me now. (the images starting from top to bottom: Untitled from Maui, Photo Tech Dave with Morning Coffee, My Last Pair of Shoes and My Last Day Here, and Look What We've Done!)

What's next: Well I am continuing [Literally], shooting the rest of The Great Escape in fall and winter, starting a new series that explores memories we tend to want to forget, Expansions III, the Installation of We Have A History (at Xpace), dipping my toes into architectual photography with what might be my last film camera I'll buy, and last but not least, I want to get a Nuit Blanche show going for OCAD photo. More on all this soon, and I will have some new images soon...until the next, take care and keep the art going.

No comments: