Monday, June 4, 2012

Fan Mail

(Somewhere off Route 66 / Somewhere in New Mexico, from Nathan Cyprys, 2012)

Today I received a very unique piece of mail in the form of a Fuji Instax instant photo.  The photograph was taken by Nathan Cyprys of the Nathan Cyprys fame from his recent journey through the true God's country, America.

When I close my eyes I can see him, shirtless and proud, his girl, Layla, close by perhaps holding a film magazine, perhaps sipping a can of soda and silently admiring the high desert in its enchanting scope.  When I open my eyes I see an old familiar of a landscape, of hills pokey-dotted with shrubs and sage bush, of rushed old fencing, of buck-shot pitted roadsigns, and some of the most gorgeous skies a lad and a lass can ever see in a lifetime.

Thanks for the memories, N-dawg and L-cat.

No comments: