Sunday, February 5, 2012

Oh Yeah

(Untitled Image, from My Room in Kaua'i, 2011)
(And the video that influenced the Untitled Image above, 2011)

Perhaps it is more true than said that we are creatures of all sorts of natures, from all sorts of origins, and the older we get as a species the more complicated our identity becomes - as we grow further away from nature.

And even truer is that we are wild, wilder, and wildness, with some of us taking on the wildside more than others. Whether you bare a lioncloth or you roar from swinging vines or you just like to let loose and drop trou, there is an instinct within us all that wants to let go of whatever this plane of existence is for another. Slip into the skin of a beast and run wild.

When was the last time you yelled? Yelled not out of aggressive anger but out of wildness? When was the last time you made animal noises in public? When was the last time you alienated yourself amongst humans? Have you lost touch with nature? Do you feel like an animal wearing human clothes in a human world? When was the last time you were naked in nature, feeling the harsh ground of the woods, of a creek, of a driftwood covered beach with your bare feet? When was the last time you felt free?

If I could I'd run on all fours but my legs and arms are disproportionate to each other. If I could I'd roar like a lion but instead I'll meow like a large domestic cat. I'll bring my face to a face painter and ask for her or him to paint the face of a fierce-looking lion over my non-fierce-looking face. I'll grow my hair out like a mane. I'll stop talking. I'll wear fake fangs. I won't talk to anyone. I'll hide out in caves and look outside and see a world which is my domain. Paws crossed, lying on my belly, drunk from the sunlight of the day, and sober from the darkness of night. I will not think of emailing this person, checking my facebook, shooting off a text message to that person, ordering a latte, waiting in line, having phone sex, tweeting my thoughts, instead I will wait till I become strange, and when I become strange I will become normal again.

A gallop, a chase, a smile on your face! Doesn't it. Doesn't it feel great? To be wild, child. To be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (breath) eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Goddamn! If a wall of bricks cometh before us then a wall of bricks breakth before us. And in the debris and in the dust and particles flying everywhere our faces emerge. Grimish, crazy, wild, I say, you say, "let's be crazy", "let's", "let's run free", "let's". "Yes." "YES!". "Alright". "Aaaaaaaaaaalright".

"OH YEAH".

No comments: